Sunday 28 December 2008

Cleaning up

The third load has got into the dishwasher. What marvels they are! I remember all too clearly what I did without one, and have no desire to re-acquaint myself with the rigours of doing the washing up again, immersed in greasy suds.

I was quite pleased with lunch' and the guests, and as always it lingered into the darkness of a cold frosty evening. I had marginally over roasted the beef, and had left the salmon just too long in its bouillon; but the salads turned out alright, and I congratulate myself on the poached pears. I think that the neighbours and friends enjoyed it, and think that I did.

Joe's magic tricks were a delight. It must be a good way of showing off to grown-ups - though he did look quite grown-up too, and lit a sparkle in Matilda's eyes I thought, especially realizing that they were at school together.

My mother has been sleeping lots - but we must get her up for another party, due in Snaresbrook in half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment